Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021
Episode 163: Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021. Even after many years of varying diet trends, the keto diet is still around. Is there a place for the keto diet for kidney disease? Renal Dietitian Jen Hernandez shares what kidney patients need to know about a Keto Diet for kidney disease patients. Together with Kidney Health Coach James Fabin they provide up-to-date insights on the Keto Diet and discuss many of the myths and truths of going on an ultra low carb diet.
In Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021 we cover:
- What is the ketogenic diet?
- What is ketosis?
- How do I know if I’m “in ketosis?”
- Macronutrients of the keto diet
- Foods allowed on the keto diet
- Foods not allowed on the traditional keto diet
- Side effects of a keto diet
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Does the ketogenic diet use ketoanalogues?
- About Keto Diet for CKD Patients
- Keto diet and creatinine levels
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugars and Insulin
- Ketosis vs. Ketoacidosis
- Cholesterol levels
- Keto diet and stage 3 kidney disease (and earlier)
- Keto diet and stage 4 kidney disease (and later)
- The PKD keto diet
- Keto diet and kidney stones
- Keto diet after kidney transplant
- How do I protect my kidneys on a keto diet?
Learn more at renal dietitian Jen Hernandez's The Keto Diet For Kidney Disease: What CKD Patients Should Know blog
Renal Dietitian Jen Hernandez's Mission:
To simplify the nutritional needs for individuals with chronic kidney disease, and to decrease the prevalence of kidney disease by providing nutrition education including realistic and wholesome lifestyle changes.
Jen helps those with chronic kidney disease find their best kidney-friendly diet so that they can spend less time stressing over keeping their kidney function and get more control of their life!
To find a renal dietitian (in the US):
To find a renal dietitian in the UK: