Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021
Episode 163: Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021. Even after many years of varying diet trends, the keto diet is still around. Is there a place for the keto diet for kidney disease? Renal Dietitian Jen Hernandez shares what kidney patients need to know about a Keto Diet for kidney disease patients. Together with Kidney Health Coach James Fabin they provide up-to-date insights on the Keto Diet and discuss many of the myths and truths of going on an ultra low carb diet.
In Keto Diet And Kidney Disease: Renal Dietitian shares what CKD patients should know in 2021 we cover:
- What is the ketogenic diet?
- What is ketosis?
- How do I know if I’m “in ketosis?”
- Macronutrients of the keto diet
- Foods allowed on the keto diet
- Foods not allowed on the traditional keto diet
- Side effects of a keto diet
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Does the ketogenic diet use ketoanalogues?
- About Keto Diet for CKD Patients
- Keto diet and creatinine levels
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugars and Insulin
- Ketosis vs. Ketoacidosis
- Cholesterol levels
- Keto diet and stage 3 kidney disease (and earlier)
- Keto diet and stage 4 kidney disease (and later)
- The PKD keto diet
- Keto diet and kidney stones
- Keto diet after kidney transplant
- How do I protect my kidneys on a keto diet?
Learn more at renal dietitian Jen Hernandez's The Keto Diet For Kidney Disease: What CKD Patients Should Know blog https://www.plantpoweredkidneys.com/keto-diet-for-kidney-disease/
Plant-Powered Kidneys Mission:
To simplify the nutritional needs for individuals with kidney disease, and to decrease the prevalence of kidney disease by providing nutrition education including realistic and wholesome lifestyle changes 🥗.
Jen Hernandez and the other renal dietitians of Plant-Powered Kidneys help those with kidney disease find their best kidney-friendly diet 🥑 ! Jen's kidney warriors spend less time stressing over the "right" foods to eat 😓 and more time saving their kidney function and loving life 🙌 !
To find a renal dietitian (in the US):
To find a renal dietitian in the UK:
To find a renal dietitian Internationally: